Accuphase E – 650
Balanced AAVA volume control
As a first in an integrated amplifier, the E-650 features the sophisticated Balanced AAVA type volume control incorporated in Accuphase’s top-of-the-line preamplifier model C-3850. Balanced AAVA uses two AAVA circuits driven in a fully balanced configuration. This completely cancels out any external noise and results in unsurpassed S/N ratio.
High-accuracy, high-rigidity volume sensor construction with massive yet responsive feel
Class A operation (30 watts into 8 ohms).
Guaranteed linear power of 120 watts into 2 ohms, 60 watts into 4 ohms, 30 watts into 8 ohms per channel. Strong power supply with massive high-efficiency toroidal transformer and large filtering capacitors. The E-650 uses a massive power transformer with high output capability. Highly effective filtering is realized with two custom-made aluminum electrolytic capacitors, each with a large 50,000 μF rating
- Power amplifier stage features instrumentation amplifier configuration for balanced signal transmission. MCS+ topology and current feedback principle in amplification circuitry assure excellent phase characteristics in high range.
- Semiconductor (MOS-FET) switches used for protection circuitry prevent contact problems and ensure long-term reliability. Eliminating mechanical contacts from the path of the music signal also further enhances sound quality.
- Logic-controlled relays for signal switching assure high sound quality and long-term reliability.
- MAIN IN switch and preamplifier output and power amplifier input connectors allow independent use of both sections. Both line level and balanced connectors are provided.
- Tone controls with balanced circuit configuration and summing active filters for optimum sound quality.
- Versatile array of inputs with two balanced inputs to shut out external noise interference. Individual phase setting supported for each input position.
- Dedicated headphone amplifier constructed with discrete components.
- Two option board installation slots on the rear panel provide further versatility. With the AD-50, AD-30, or AD-20 board, MC/MM switching is performed on the front panel.
- The DAC input selector button allows the user to select the desired input when using the Digital Input Board DAC-50 or DAC-40 With USB Port. Display of the sampling frequency of the locked digital signal is also possible. (This is not supported with the DAC-30, DAC-20,or DAC-10.)
- LED-based bar graph power meters with improved sensitivity and readability.
- Two sets of large speaker terminals that also accept spade connectors or banana plugs.
Continuous average output power: 120 W/ch (2 ohms), 60 W/ch (4 ohms), 30 W/ch (8 ohms)
Frequency response (1 W output): 2 Hz – 150 kHz +0 -3,0 dB
Damping factor: 500 (EIA 8 ohm, 50 Hz)
Input sensitivity: 0,05 mV (DISC MC), 0,98 mV (DISC MM), 77,7 mV (HIGH LEVEL), 0,617 V (POWER IN)
Meter operation/illumination switch
EXT PRE switch
Two sets of speaker outputs
Maximum dimensions: 465 (W) x 191 (H) x 426 (D) mm
Mass: 24,0 kg